I have faced this situation n number of times every where I lived in United states of America whenever there is a talk about India or going to Hindi movies.
I’m going to redirect them to this post to find my answer because I’m tired of telling each of them individually.
There is a wide spread accusation that people from Tamil Nadu (India) don’t speak or hesitate to learn Hindi and they should speak it since its a national language. I can’t talk for the whole tamil speaking people but here is my answer to it
- If the need araises then I will learn hindi which I don’t see happening in near future.
- I’m too lazy to learn and Hindi would be the last thing I would even consider learning.
- I tried learning once hindi as a kid and failed miserably hence I’m staying away from it.
- I don’t have to prove my nationality by learning Hindi.
- I’m happy watching Hindi movies using sub titles.
No offense guys we can always communicate in english which I beleive every one of my friend knows.